Phishing Alert on KyberSwap
We have detected a number of phishing emails and telegram messages claiming to be from KyberSwap. These emails tend to be “KYC completion” emails that instruct recipients to click on a link which leads to a malicious website that requests for their Ethereum wallet private key.
Should a user provide this information, the scammers may conduct unauthorised transactions and your funds will be lost.
Here is an example of how a scammer posed as a Kyber team member on Telegram:
- Real Kyber team member telegram ID (l is letter L): manhlx3006
- FAKE Telegram ID (I is capital i): manhIx3006 → This is FAKE
An easy way to differentiate is: A KyberSwap employee will NEVER EVER ask for a user’s Ethereum private key or request for funds.
Example of SPAM email and telegram account
Users are advised to be wary of such emails and messages
- KyberSwap.com will NEVER ask customers to provide their Ethereum wallet’s private key.
- Verify the details in the messages from KyberSwap. Always check that the message comes from official KyberSwap team members and admins (admins have the admin tag on Telegram).
- Do not proceed further by clicking on links provided in emails. Go directly to KyberSwap’s website or use our mobile applications in order to access our services.
- REMEMBER: DO NOT ever give your Ethereum wallet private key details to anyone, even if the person claims to be from the KyberSwap team. If you suspect that you have been contacted by unauthorised parties, contact us immediately in order to help you.
KyberSwap website: https://KyberSwap.com/
KyberSwap Official telegram channel: https://t.me/KyberSwapOfficial
Thank you and stay safe!